Whether it’s the scorching heat waves of the summers or chilly gust of the winters, your home is a place that offers the much required comfort from the extreme weather conditions. The HVAC system of your house has a significant role to play when it comes to maintaining a pleasant indoor environment. This calls for regular and proper maintenance of your HVAC system. While regular duct cleaning of your heating and cooling system should be on the top of your to do home maintenance activity list, it is one area that is usually overlooked.
One thing that every homeowner needs to understand is that the HVAC system of your house is a complex system of ducts. If not cleaned regularly, these ducts accumulate dirt and become clogged. A clogged duct fails to circulate fresh air to every corner of your house and also exerts excessive pressure on the entire system. This decreases the efficiency of the system leading to more energy bills. Homeowners should look up to a professional service provider who has the knowledge and expertise of handling the complex duct system, for getting their issue resolved.
While there are reputable, professional HVAC cleaning services out there, there are scams as well. So, if you have decided to get the HVAC system of your home cleaned-up, make sure your service provider provides the following:
• Full Service: A good service provider will ensure complete cleaning of your HVAC unit including ducts. So, make sure you don’t settle down just for duct cleaning.
• References: Before hiring the services of a service provider, make sure you ask and check for references in your area. This would help you find out the exact services rendered for the money offered, and whether clients were satisfied.
• Estimates: A reputed service provider will readily provide at least written estimates from at least three services. Additionally, such companies should also provide for free inspection as well.
• Certifications and Licenses: The cleaning company you are thinking of zeroing upon should be certified by the (NADCA), which has set certain standards and guidelines for HVAC system cleaning.
• Validate Results: The cleaning company that takes over the maintenance and cleaning work of your HVAC system should be allowed to visually inspect the duct work, either in person or through remote camera. This will help you to ensure that every single duct is clean and properly maintained before you make the final payment.
In a nutshell, regular Ducts Cleaning should be a part of your regular home maintenance activities. It’s worth remembering that a well-maintained duct will not just augment the indoor air quality but also the efficiency of the entire system.